Обсуждение Базы данных по Королевству Румыния

Друзья, в этом разделе просьба высказывать ваши соображения относительно формируемой базы данных по наградам Королевства Румыния, расположенной по адресу: http://antique-photos.com/ru/awardsdatabase/kingdom-romania.html

Если вы заметили допущенные ошибки или у вас есть принципиальные дополнения по уже описанным наградам, просьба писать об этом здесь в отдельных темах!

Также очень приветствуются ваши практические предложения по подготовке материалов о наградах, пока еще не вошедших в базу данных!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question regarding 3rd type of Crucea "Trecerea Dunării" that was issued with the "Traditie" clasp. What exactly it was awarded for?

- For relatives of KIA military personnel, or

- For male heirs of 1877-1878 war veterans who were entitled to wear the cross being officers?

Thanks in advance!

Mircea, here come more questions, this time regarding Medalia “Avântul Ţării”. I'm in the process of writing a description to add it to the

Romanian awards database.

The first question is: why there are two slightly different names of this award - "Avântul Ţării" and "Avintul Tarii"? I assume the former to be correct (e.g. the title of the book has the same spelling) but what about the latter? Is it just an error or a kind of dialect?

The second question: what is the correct way to translate the medal's name to English? The most common is "Medal of the Country's Upsurge". Is it correct to use this one?

The third question: how many medals were issued approximately?

Thanks in advance!

post-1-0-61366700-1325249347_thumb.jpg

Question 1: it is an error, I've never seen it spelled like that.

Question 2: yes, ”Country's Upsurge” would be fine.

Question 3: I don't know how many medals were issued (maybe more than 20.000?), but as far as I know, it was awarded to all military and civil personell involved in the campaign, it is a very common medal this days, it costs aroud 20-25 Euro.

-----

Medalia „Avântul Țării” Decret Regal nr. 6247/ 7.XI.1913, no classes.

Question 1: it is an error, I've never seen it spelled like that.

Question 2: yes, ”Country's Upsurge” would be fine.

Question 3: I don't know how many medals were issued (maybe more than 20.000?), but as far as I know, it was awarded to all military and civil personell involved in the campaign, it is a very common medal this days, it costs aroud 20-25 Euro.

-----

Medalia „Avântul Țării” Decret Regal nr. 6247/ 7.XI.1913, no classes.

Thanks a lot for explanations, Mircea! The article is already online: http://antique-photos.com/en/awardsdatabase/kingdom-romania/57-medal-of-the-country-upsurge.html

Andrew, just a litle detail regarding the following text: “In Amintirea Înălţă Torului Avânt 1913” (“In the name of His Majesty the King 1913”), it should be: ”In Amintirea Înălţătorului Avânt 1913” the translation is difficult, but it shoud be something like this: ”In the Impetus Upsurge Memory 1913”, altrough the text translated in English seems to have no sense, it has something to do with the King's desire of Romania acting lile a regional power, this was the motivation of entering the war.

• 1 month later...

Andrew, I found the identity of this person from the Romanian Photo database: http://antique-photo...force5-114.html

His name is slt.av. Teodor Moscu. More info here: http://www.ipmsstock...rofile_farr.htm

In March 1939, Romania purchased 30 He 112Bs. The aircraft were assigned to Grupul 5, Escadrila 51 & 52. These units saw action from the first day of war, June 22nd, 1941. Flying the "black 4", slt.av. Teodor Moscu shot down 2 Polikarpov I-16s that day over Bulgarica. Actually, Moscu claimed three victories but the third one hadn't been confirmed.

Heinkel He 112B

Grupul 5, slt.av. Teodor Moscu

June 1941

post-15-0-90354700-1330258925.jpg