Король Румынии Михай I / Mihai I, Regele Românilor

Nice photo, probably taken in the summer/autumn of 1941. Nothing on the back? Is the photo part of a larger photo lot?

The one from the left seems to be an cavalry officer, the civilian on the right is prof. Mihai Antonescu (not related to marshal Ion Antonescu, just a names coincidence), Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs during WW2.

Here is a photo from 18 September 1940 at Cantacuzino Palace, Bucharest. Prof. Mihai Antonescu is the one in the middle, of course you recognize marshal Ion Antonescu in the foreground.

post-15-0-87449900-1350330492_thumb.jpg

Thanks a lot, Mircea for such a quick and detailed response!

As for that photo: unfortunately there's nothing on its back (otherwise I would have posted a reverse here as well) and it came as a loose photo together with other interesting photos :blum: Will post them very soon!

• 3 months later...

Еще пара любительских фото Михая с немецкими союзниками. На большинстве фотографий Михай в тёмных солнцезащитных очках. «Я научился не говорить то, что я думаю, и улыбаться тем, кого я должен ненавидеть»

post-62-0-43803600-1358440475_thumb.jpg

post-62-0-12301400-1358440485_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Король Михай в гостях у немцев. Как и положено, в чёрных очках :smile:. В авто рядом с ним сидит, по видимому, генерал от кавалерии Эрик Оскар Хансен - глава германской военной миссии в Румынии.

post-679-0-18951200-1413828375_thumb.jpg

post-679-0-82916700-1413828388_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...