One my favourite areas of collecting is pretty girls in military uniform :blum:

Let's start this thread with a portrait of cheerful lass :soldier_girl:

Nice! Probably photographed in the boyfriend/ husband uniform. :smile:

The tunic is M1931, the cap is M1939 with an M1940 air-force cap emblem. The anchor on his collar means the owner of the uniform served with the Seaplane Units.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Last one is not military, maybe a college or university cap!

Translation:

Mereu gândul la dta (dumneata), tăticule drag și scump. Juliette - 8.X.1941

Always thinking of you, my dear and precious daddy. Juliette - 8.X.1941

• 1 month later...

Nice air-force M1934 uniform, the aiguillette suggests the uniform owner served with a guards unit, in this case „Flotila 2 Aviaţie de Gardă”! I cant help with the translation, it is in hungarian, maybe the lady was hungarian.

Photo No.5 :soldier_girl:/>

Translation from hungarian made by „21 inf” (Mr. Bogdan Briscu) on 6dorobanti.ro/forum: „A memory for Etus from Margareta”. His expertise tells him that Margareta (lady in the photo) was romanian, and has written the dedication in hungarian language for her hungarian girlfriend Etus. :smile:

Photo No.6: I think the photo is taken between 1931 and 1932 for the following reasons: the man wears the M1927 tunic but on his left shoulder he wears the „furajeră” which was instituted by Decret Regal nr. 328/ 10.II.1931, but in the same year the M1931 officer's tunic was introduced, thus I believe he would change his M1927 tunic with the M1931 tunic by 1932. The lady wears the M1930 gala uniform and both wear the M1930 officer's cap, on their cap and buttons we can see a flaming grenade, this means infantry. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Photo No.7: air-force gala uniform, probably the M1927.

On the back: Ian 1928. Ghici cine? Familiei Căpitan Unguritu. Temișoara translation: January 1928 Guess who? To Captain Unguritu family. Timișoara.

• 2 months later...

Предыдущее фото действительно впечатляет, на фото скорее всего оккупанты с молдаваночкой :blush:

Ну а от меня такой вот портрет. Собственно, всё на фото:

post-62-0-71541700-1370368830_thumb.jpg

Edited by zozoolia
  • 3 weeks later...

@zozoolia: sorry for the late answer. She wears the M1923 great coat and kepi, the white collar tabs are for gendarmes, the rank is locotenent (lieutenant).

Writing on the photo: Cu drag de la Lt. Olga Nicolau. Constanța 1.III.1925

Translation: Affectionately, from Lt. Olga Nicolau. Constanța 1.III.1925