Portraits with Crusade medal / Портреты с медалью "Крестовый поход против большевизма"

Close-up of a happy couple.

Please note three battle clasps on a ribbon!

Nice photo! Both wear the M1934 officer tunic, I believe his black with white edging collar tabs represent: ”Regimentul 2 Artilerie de Gardă” (2nd Guards Artillery Regiment), the unit he served with.

On their left shoulder we can see the „furajeră” (Fourragere), with which his unit was awarded.

The „furajeră” was instituted by Decret Regal nr. 328/ 10.II.1931 for the following orders: Mihai Viteazul, Steaua României, Virtutea Militară and Virtutea Aeronautică.

Here are two photos of the „furajeră” for Mihai Viteazul and Steaua României orders, photo source is: ebay.

post-15-0-80589500-1353074059.jpg post-15-0-82949800-1353074080.jpg

... I believe his black with white edging collar tabs represent: ”Regimentul 2 Artilerie de Gardă” (2nd Guards Artillery Regiment), the unit he served with. ...

And here is a photo from the book: ”Și eu am luptat în Est” (I also fought in the East) by GHEORGHE NETEJORU, Ed. Militară, 2010.

General GHEORGHE NETEJORU, who is 90 years old today, was born 21 June 1922 an fought as a sublocotenent in ”Regimentul 2 Artilerie de Gardă” (2nd Guards Artillery Regiment -please note his black with white edging collar tabs- ), he was taken prisoner in august 1944 an spent 10 years as a POW in the Soviet Union. The girl in the photo is his wife and she did wait 10 years for him to return and continued their life together.

post-15-0-70376300-1353076971.jpg

Nice photos, Andrew! The man in the last two photos served with the artillery troops, in the last photo he holds in his hand a M1930 officers sword, the more rare model with a lions head, the majority of the M1930 officer swords had a eagle head. :smile:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Nice photo! Both wear the M1934 officer tunic, I believe his black with white edging collar tabs represent: ”Regimentul 2 Artilerie de Gardă” (2nd Guards Artillery Regiment), the unit he served with.

On their left shoulder we can see the „furajeră” (Fourragere), with which his unit was awarded.

The „furajeră” was instituted by Decret Regal nr. 328/ 10.II.1931 for the following orders: Mihai Viteazul, Steaua României, Virtutea Militară and Virtutea Aeronautică.

Allow to doubt the assertion that the groom on the photo belongs to the Guards Artillery units (2nd Guards Artillery Regiment) . On his uniform badge missing "crown" - as I understand it - on the ceremonial uniform of the Guards "crown" typically present.

Maybe it serviceman "heavy artillery" (black lace bars have a yellow edging) or "antiaircraft artillery" (black lace bars are blue edging).

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...