Майор Альберт Карл Наст из Нижнесилезского полка пешей артиллерии № 5

Здравствуйте друзья. Прошу помочь с определением звания и принадлежности прусского офицера. В Колодке классического германского типа наградной ряд:

ЕК2 + пристежка в виде дубовых листьев "25";

Красный орел 4 степени;

Золотая корона;

Выслуга;

Медаль за кампанию для комбатантов с планками: WEISSENBURG, WORTH, SEDAN, MONT VALERIEN, PARIS

100 - летие

Шифровка на погонах - 5.

post-2832-0-94270900-1560698819_thumb.png

Hello!

The 25th oak leaves were introduced in 1895. He also wears the 100 year anniversary, so the photo must have been taken after 1897.

He has a 5 on white fields, so he is a Major from Foot-Artillery-Regiment 5 from Posen. In 70/71 he must have been served with another unit, because the 5th foot artillery only fought in Straßburg, Diedenhofen, Montmédy, Mézières and Paris.

The last staff officer with EKII in that unit was found in the ranklist 1900. Oberstleutnant Nast (RAO4, KO3, EKII and long service). In 1899 he was already Oberstleutnant with RAO4, EKII and long service. He became Oberstleutnant August 18, 1898. In the ranklist from 1897 he was Major in Foot-Artillery-Regiment Nr.1. Unfortunately I don´have the ranklist 1898, so I don´t know, when he came to the 5th regiment. But I am sure, he is it! Photo must have been taken late 1897 or 1898.

Hello! The 25th oak leaves were introduced in 1895. He also wears the 100 year anniversary, so the photo must have been taken after 1897. He has a 5 on white fields, so he is a Major from Foot-Artillery-Regiment 5 from Posen. In 70/71 he must have been served with another unit, because the 5th foot artillery only fought in Straßburg, Diedenhofen, Montmédy, Mézières and Paris. The last staff officer with EKII in that unit was found in the ranklist 1900. Oberstleutnant Nast (RAO4, KO3, EKII and long service). In 1899 he was already Oberstleutnant with RAO4, EKII and long service. He became Oberstleutnant August 18, 1898. In the ranklist from 1897 he was Major in Foot-Artillery-Regiment Nr.1. Unfortunately I don´have the ranklist 1898, so I don´t know, when he came to the 5th regiment. But I am sure, he is it! Photo must have been taken late 1897 or 1898.

Спасибо за ответ. Я думаю, что Вы правы. Потому что фотография сделана именно в Познани. взгляните. Уточните пожалуйста еще раз для меня. На фото изображен Майор или оберстлейтенант 5 пехотного артиллерийского полка, Пруссия.

post-2832-0-50130400-1560711159_thumb.png

Hello!

I can´t see a star on the shoulder boards. So it´s a Major. If there is a star under the 5, it´s an Oberstleutnant

Спасибо. У меня есть еще несколько фотографий для атрибуции.

Hello!

I checked the regiment. Albert Karl Nast (*August 23, 1843 ; + March 20, 1913) was commander of the 5th regiment from June 16, 1898 until May, 22, 1900! Because of he became Oberstleutnant August 18, 1898, the photo mst have been taken between June 16 and August 18, 1898! Probably when he was commanded to the 5th regiment!

I also checked the EKII list from the 70/71 war. Albert Karl Nast awarded the EKII as Second-Lieutenant in 8th battery/Forteress-Artillerie-Regiment Nr.5 in Thorn.

Hello!

I checked the regiment. Albert Karl Nast (*August 23, 1843 ; + March 20, 1913) was commander of the 5th regiment from June 16, 1898 until May, 22, 1900! Because of he became Oberstleutnant August 18, 1898, the photo mst have been taken between June 16 and August 18, 1898! Probably when he was commanded to the 5th regiment!

I also checked the EKII list from the 70/71 war. Albert Karl Nast awarded the EKII as Second-Lieutenant in 8th battery/Forteress-Artillerie-Regiment Nr.5 in Thorn.

Андреас, спасибо огромное))

That´s a good scan!

Now it´s clear! The medals fit to the records in the ranklist. 100% Albert Karl Nast!

Thank you very much, you have already done a lot for me. I'm very grateful to you.

Hi guys,

unfortunately, it could also be the 1. Artillerie-Offizier von Platz in Posen, Oberstleutnant Otto Kühling who was à la suite of Fußartillerie-Regiment Nr. 5 and had exactly the same decorations!

Regards

Glenn

Hi guys,

unfortunately, it could also be the 1. Artillerie-Offizier von Platz in Posen, Oberstleutnant Otto Kühling who was à la suite of Fußartillerie-Regiment Nr. 5 and had exactly the same decorations!

Regards

Glenn

интересно

Hi Glenn!

I checked him too, but in 70/71 he served with Feldart.Rgt.3. That regiment fought neither in Weißenburg, nor Sedan, nor Wörth, nor Mt. Valérien, so he couldn´t have those battle clasps. The only match is Paris (21.9.-25.10.1870)

Edited by FAR43

Hello!

The 25th oak leaves were introduced in 1895. He also wears the 100 year anniversary, so the photo must have been taken after 1897.

He has a 5 on white fields, so he is a Major from Foot-Artillery-Regiment 5 from Posen. In 70/71 he must have been served with another unit, because the 5th foot artillery only fought in Straßburg, Diedenhofen, Montmédy, Mézières and Paris.

The last staff officer with EKII in that unit was found in the ranklist 1900. Oberstleutnant Nast (RAO4, KO3, EKII and long service). In 1899 he was already Oberstleutnant with RAO4, EKII and long service. He became Oberstleutnant August 18, 1898. In the ranklist from 1897 he was Major in Foot-Artillery-Regiment Nr.1. Unfortunately I don´have the ranklist 1898, so I don´t know, when he came to the 5th regiment. But I am sure, he is it! Photo must have been taken late 1897 or 1898.

I just recieved the ranklist 1898. There he is mentioned as:

Commander of Fußart.Rgt.5, in charge of command, à la suite of the regiment

I just recieved the ranklist 1898. There he is mentioned as:

Commander of Fußart.Rgt.5, in charge of command, à la suite of the regiment

Я правильно понимаю, что это Фузелирный артиллерийский полк 5?

Я правильно понимаю, что это Фузелирный артиллерийский полк 5?

Никоим образом! :mosking:

Наст являлся командиром Нижнесилезского полка пешей артиллерии № 5 (Niederschlesisches Fußartillerie-Regiment Nr.5).

Фузилерного полка с номером 5 не существовало, 5-й порядковый номерсреди пехотных полков носил гренадерский короля Фридриха I (4-й восточнопрусский) полк № 5. Он к Насту никакого отношения не имеет.