Господа, добрый день. И сразу тысяча извинений за полную безграмотность в теме :pardon:

Решил наконец заняться определением некоторых очевидных элементов униформы, но пока дается с трудом. Буду время от времени подкидывать в эту тему вопросные фотки, дабы не захламлять ветку.

И вот первый вопрос: Две фотографии одного человека, как я понял, на первой он в чине вицефельдфебеля ( могу ошибиться), на второй уже лейтенант. Можно ли сказать что-либо еще?

Заранее спасибо

с Уважением

den_stokes

post-3599-0-42100500-1589711856_thumb.jpg

post-3599-0-81386400-1589711868_thumb.jpg

Hello!

The first photo shows a Feldwebel. I know the translation of ranks could be different (because of the use of an translator)

The official translations of NCOs were (according to the book: Vocabulary of german military terms and abbreviations, printed July 1918 by the General Staff (Intelligence) of General Headquarters):

Unteroffizier = Corporal

Sergeant = Senior Corporal

Vizefeldwebel = Vice-Sergeant-Major

Feldwebel = Sergeant-Major

Here he has two braids upon the cuffs. That means, he is a company Sergeant-Major

The 2nd photo shows him as an officer, probably a Leutnant der Reserve (Lieutenant of the reserve).

A lot of of higher NCOs became officers of the reserve during the war.

My grand-uncle joined the war as a volunteer, became Gefreiter (Lance-Corporal), later Vice-Sergeant-Major of the reserve and then Lieutenant of the reserve.

Edited by FAR43

Hello!

The first photo shows a Feldwebel. I know the translation of ranks could be different (because of the use of an translator)

The official translations of NCOs were (according to the book: Vocabulary of german military terms and abbreviations, printed July 1918 by the General Staff (Intelligence) of General Headquarters):

Unteroffizier = Corporal

Sergeant = Senior Corporal

Vizefeldwebel = Vice-Sergeant-Major

Feldwebel = Sergeant-Major

Here he has two braids upon the cuffs. That means, he is a company Sergeant-Major

The 2nd photo shows him as an officer, probably a Leutnant der Reserve (Lieutenant of the reserve).

A lot of of higher NCOs became officers of the reserve during the war.

My grand-uncle joined the war as a volunteer, became Gefreiter (Lance-Corporal), later Vice-Sergeant-Major of the reserve and then Lieutenant of the reserve.

Andreas, Thanks a lot! yep, Feldwebel is a common name for using. I see now where my mistake was. Due to ranks in Wehrmacht i thought Feldwebel is a lower rank among "Unteroffiziere met Portpee". Stupid mistake of course.

Thanks again!

All the best

Den

But the system of ranks became confused...

In the imperial army we had:

Gefreiter, Obergefreiter (only heavy artillery), Unteroffizier, Sergeant, Vizefeldwebel and Feldwebel

Today we have:

Gefreiter, Obergefreiter, Hauptgefreiter, Stabsgefreiter, Oberstabsgefreiter, Unteroffizier, Stabsunteroffizier, Feldwebel, Oberfeldwebel, Hauptfeldwebel, Stabsfeldwebel, Oberstabsfeldwebel

• 1 year later...

Доброго дня, господа. Прошу помощи в атрибуции. Петлицы видятся необычными. Фото сделано в Шпандау. Я знаю один полк, что был расквартирован там, но не уверен, что это именно он.

Заранее спасибо
С Уважением
den_stokes

IMG-20210620-0039.jpg

IMG_20210620_0039-2.jpg

21.06.2021 в 07:51, FAR43 сказал:

Hello!

Note the special guard-Litzen. They were worn by Garde-Grenadier-Regiment 5 from Spandau

Thank you so much for confirmation, Andreas! Just as I thought.

All the best
den_stokes

• 3 months later...

Hello!

Heavy (Foot) Artillery Regiment N°9 in Köln-Wahn.

The coloured collar tabs belonged to the "Litewka" (another kind of tunic.

The white stripes indicated the ranks. One strupe: Gefreiter, two stripes: Obergefreiter