Добрый вечер, уважаемые коллеги!

Хочу предложить вашему вниманию 2 снимка в отношении которых для меня не всё ясно.

Снимок № 1  - я предполагаю, что на нём запечатлен рядовой 5. Kgl. Sächs. Infanterie-Regiment „Prinz Friedrich August“ Nr. 104 (С 1903 г. - Kgl. Sächs. 5. Infanterie-Regiment Kronprinz Nr. 104).

Для сравнения размещаю вензель с защитного погона данного полка

Kgl. Sächs. 5. Infanterie-Regiment Kronprinz Nr. 104.jpg

Kgl. Sächs. 5. IR Kronprinz Nr. 104_погон фельдграу.JPG

Фото № 2 - крайне осторожно предположу сержанта баварских частей, кавалериста или артиллериста

Сержант.jpg

По второму фото предположение о баварце сделано исключительно по эфесу сабли...

Hello!

I don´t agree. GR104 didn´t had guard Litzen. Guard Litzen were worn by regiments 100 and 101. Both from Dresden.

GR100 had different shoulder straps.

Since:

1867: J (King Johann)

1873: AR (Albert Rex)

1902: GR (Georg Rex)

1904: FA (King Friedrich August)

Upon your photo the AR is yellow. This was worn from 1873-1893. After 1893 the AR became white.

Posted (edited)

Andreas, I found the next information about Schulterstücke in this regiment:

• ab 29.10.1873 grüne sächs. Schulterstücke mit roter Paspel und weissem Monogramm (bekröntes "AR") für König Albert von Sachsen.
  • ab 24.06.1902 grüne sächs. Schulterstücke mit roter Paspel und weissem Monogramm (bekröntes "GR") für Georg von Sachsen

http://wiki-de.genealogy.net/Gren.R_100

What do you think about colour of the monogram?

WBR, Kirill

Edited by visantiec

Andreas, you're right, there aren't monograms pictures in the link, but in the link there is a text which I cited in the previous post:

• ab 29.10.1873 grüne sächs. Schulterstücke mit roter Paspel und weissem Monogramm (bekröntes "AR") für König Albert von Sachsen.
  • ab 24.06.1902 grüne sächs. Schulterstücke mit roter Paspel und weissem Monogramm (bekröntes "GR") für Georg von Sachsen

I can suppose that "weissen" is missprint...

Hello!

You can´t trust Wikipedia...

Saxon infantry received light blue uniforms around 1865. It changed into dark blue in 1867. Since they had the blue uniform, the shoulder straps became blue too.

Here is the order for clothings from 1902:

a) says:

1.thumb.jpg.46c65d7064f930e0fbb5cd22db21390e.jpg

darkblue base cloth for fieldcap, tunic (including shoulder straps)...

Here in §89, 2b:

Gren.Rgt.100 with WHITE insignias upon the shoulder straps

2.thumb.jpg.305b947449b4b8c3726031456c893020.jpg

Edited by FAR43
Posted (edited)

Hello Andreas!

The colour of shoulder straps from 1902 unfortunately is not clear for me yet. Was it darkblue from 1902 till 1917 or it was chanched back to darkgreen?

My question caused the next pictures from the web which demonstrate darkgreen shoulder straps after 1902...

GR.jpg

Edited by visantiec
19 часов назад, FAR43 сказал:

shoulder straps should be darkblue since 1867.

...but was it really so? Here's the postcard with the darkgreen shoulder straps which was send in 1916...

Безымянный.jpg

Hello!

Yes, that´s strange. In some sources the shoulder straps are green, in other sources blue. But the official order says it´s blue. I will contact some saxon collectors.

Posted (edited)
4 часа назад, FAR43 сказал:

Blue is absolutely right. Schützen-Regiment 108 stil had green uniforms and shoulder boards, but regular infantry had blue.

Hello Andreas! I really trust your and your colleagues' opinion, but however there're pictures of this regiment with darkgreen shoulder straps which we can't ignore and can't explain....

I mean for example this one

Clipboard01.jpg

Edited by visantiec
Posted (edited)

By the way I found waffenrock's image which to my humble opinion incorrect atribute as Kgl. Sächs. 1. (Leib-)Grenadier-Regiment Nr.100

https://www.weitze.net.ru/militaria/02/Sachsen_Waffenrock_M_1915_eines_Angehoerigen_des_Koeniglich_Saechsischen_1_Leib_Grenadier_Regiment_Nr_100_nbsp__270202.html

Edited by visantiec

Hello!

But for the blue tunic we have the official order, I showed a few days ago.

Where is your chart from, please?

The tunic from the Weitze page is a so called "Friedensrock", which was introduced during the war for the postwar-times. These tunics were fieldgrey, shoulder straps from 1915 and cuff and collar colours from the pre-war tunic.

By the way:

Infantry

23 - Sachsen. Infanterie.jpg

Edited by FAR43
18 часов назад, FAR43 сказал:

By the way: Infantry and Schützen and Jäger:

Hello Andreas, thank you.  I knew this pictures from "The Vinkhuijzen collection of military uniforms"...

As for your question, here is link to discussed above image https://docplayer.org/23866403-Monogramme.html

WBR, Kirill

Hi Kirill!

Thanks for the link!

Unfortunately the author was wrong. It´s always better to check original orders. The green shoulder strap is from the era before 1865